INDUSTRIAL HYGIENIST – MORRISVILLE AND CHARLOTTE, NC
The EI Group (EI) is a full-service professional environmental, safety, industrial hygiene, occupational health, and engineering consulting firm headquartered in Research Triangle Park (RTP), North Carolina. EI employs approximately 100 EH&S Professionals corporate-wide, with branch offices strategically located in Richmond and Roanoke, Virginia, Greenville, South Carolina, Charlotte, North Carolina, Louisville, Kentucky and Atlanta, Georgia.
The EI Group’s Morrisville, NC and Charlotte, NC offices have immediate openings for a self-motivated professional Industrial Hygienist with 2-3 years of experience who can work independently in a variety of commercial and industrial occupational settings. Familiarity with assessing exposure risk in both industrial/manufacturing processes, as well as performing indoor air quality (IAQ) assessments in commercial buildings desired. Occupational safety compliance & training is a plus. Core responsibilities of this position will include the following:
- Industrial hygiene assessments including airborne contaminant/noise monitoring and ventilation studies in the manufacturing environment
- Indoor Air Quality Studies and Mold/Moisture Assessments in commercial buildings and residential housing
- Hazardous Building Materials Inspections (asbestos, lead based paint, PCBs, etc)
- Asbestos Air Monitoring (background, daily, clearance, personal breathing zone)
- Asbestos Fiber Analysis by NIOSH 7400 (NIOSH 582 course completion required)
Candidate must possess a working knowledge of state and federal regulations in the area of industrial hygiene and safety compliance, with strong communication and technical writing skills desired. A BS degree in Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or related Life Sciences required. Licensure in North Carolina and South Carolina as an Asbestos Inspector/Asbestos Air Monitor a plus. Valid driver’s license and ability to operate company vehicles required.
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefit package available. If you are interested in becoming a contributing member of our team, please forward please forward your resume to email@example.com.
*Please indicate which location you are applying for.