IMMEDIATE NEED: OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH NURSE – MORRISVILLE, NC
The EI Group (EI) is searching for a Registered Nurse with occupational health and safety experience to provide occupational health nursing (OHN) support to EI’s industrial/private sector and municipal client base.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Periodic OHN staffing in various industrial settings to provide on-site occupational health services to employees, including a) pulmonary function and respirator fit testing; b) audiometric monitoring, c) injury treatment and accident record keeping; d) baseline wellness screening for employees; e) administration of flu vaccines (as well as inoculation of employees for various pathogens, including Hepatitis A & B, diphtheria, tetanus and rabies); f) blood drawing for medical screening purposes and g) “fitness for duty” medical evaluation.
2) Assist in the identification and placement of contract OHN professionals for long term assignments requested by EI’s industrial client base.
3) Provide routine consultation to EI’s industrial clients in the area of OSHA compliance. Coordinate comprehensive industrial client health & safety compliance support with EI’s internal safety and industrial hygiene professionals where necessary, especially when a multidisciplinary approach is required to meet EI’s industrial client occupational health and safety program initiatives.
4) Support and implement corporate wellness initiatives for EI clients, including biometric baseline monitoring and personal wellness coaching.
5) Assist industrial clients in the organization of health care fairs and seminars.
6) Provide site-specific occupational health industrial course development and instruction in First Aid/CPR, Blood Borne Pathogens and other occupational health courses.
Education and Experience
The successful candidate must possess, as a minimum, a bachelor’s degree and a RN licensure. Candidate must possess or be able to secure a current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in North Carolina. Certification as Certified Occupational Health Nurse (COHN) or minimum 10 years of experience as a RN in an industrial/occupational environment required. Current certifications in, or ability to become certified as a CAOHC Audiometric technician, NIOSH Pulmonary Function technician and CPR/First Aid (if new certification or recertification in these disciplines is needed, EI will provide these at no cost). The successful candidate should possess an entrepreneurial initiative and be driven to be a key player in the expansion of The EI Group’s occupational health consulting business. Working knowledge of computerized program management tools, such as Microsoft Office/Excel, is necessary to perform the duties in this position.
Salary and Benefits
Commensurate with experience. Relocation package available under certain circumstances. Full medical/dental/LTD/Life insurance benefits and matching 401K Retirement Plan. If you are interested in becoming a contributing member of our team, please forward your resume to email@example.com.