SAFETY AND HEALTH CONSULTANT – GREENVILLE, SC
The EI Group (EI) is a full-service professional environmental, safety, industrial hygiene, occupational health, and engineering consulting firm headquartered in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina. EI employs approximately 100 EH&S professionals corporate-wide, with branch offices strategically located in Richmond and Roanoke, Virginia; Greenville, South Carolina; Charlotte, North Carolina; Louisville, Kentucky and Atlanta, Georgia.
EI is seeking a self-motivated Senior Project Manager, with 7-10 years of professional experience in the area of occupational safety & health and industrial hygiene who can provide support to a broad base of commercial and industrial clients. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated the ability to work both independently and within a multi-disciplinary team environment to serve EI’s private sector client base, located primarily in South Carolina and northern Georgia. The successful candidate should possess core technical competencies in the following areas:
- Industrial Hygiene Exposure Assessments (chemical, biological, and physical health hazards)
- Indoor Air Quality Studies, Mold/Moisture Assessments, LEED & IEQ Evaluations
- Hazardous Materials Inspections (asbestos, lead based paint, mercury, PCBs, etc.)
- General Industry and Construction Safety Compliance Audits
- Written EHS Program Development (1910 and 1926)
- Development and delivery of both construction and general industry OSHA compliance training, as well as asbestos and lead paint accreditation training
Additional project management and leadership responsibilities will include the following:
- Develop project scope and costs for proposals, manage project budgets and establish project milestones to ensure timely submission of deliverables to clients
- Maintain close liaison with corporate operations in an effort to leverage the broad scope and depth of EI’s overall EHS consulting capabilities
- Provide peer review for staff in regional offices
- Work collaboratively with corporate and regional business development staff to expand scope of services provide in South Carolina market
- Active participation in professional associations (AIHA, ASSE, etc.)
Other factors for success in this important position include: a working knowledge of state and federal regulations in the area of industrial hygiene, safety and environmental compliance, supported by strong communication/technical writing skills. A BS or MS degree in Industrial Hygiene or Life Sciences required and possession of CIH, CSP, CHMM, or equivalent preferred. Valid driver’s license and ability to operate company vehicles required.
EI has an immediate opening for a professional with these qualifications to support EI’s office located in Greenville, SC. Approximately 25% travel will be required.
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefit package available. If you are interested in becoming a contributing member of our team, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.