INDUSTRIAL HYGIENIST – GREENVILLE, SC
The EI Group, Inc.’s (EI) Greenville, SC office has an immediate opening for a self-motivated professional Industrial Hygienist with 2-3 years of experience who can work independently in a variety of commercial and industrial occupational settings. Familiarity with assessing exposure risk in both industrial/manufacturing processes, as well as performing indoor air quality (IAQ) assessments in commercial buildings desired.
The core responsibilities of this position will include the following:
- Industrial hygiene assessments including airborne contaminant/noise monitoring and ventilation studies in the manufacturing environment
- Indoor Air Quality Studies and Mold/Moisture Assessments in commercial buildings and residential housing
- Hazardous Building Materials Inspections (asbestos, lead based paint, PCBs, etc)
- Asbestos Air Monitoring (background, daily, clearance, personal breathing zone)
- Asbestos Fiber Analysis by NIOSH 7400 (NIOSH 582 course completion required)
The successful candidates will have 2-3 years of experience in the areas described above. Candidates must possess a working knowledge of state and federal regulations in the area of industrial hygiene, safety and environmental compliance, with strong communication and technical writing skills desired. A BS degree in Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or related Life Sciences as well as licensure in North Carolina and South Carolina as an Asbestos Inspector, Asbestos Air Monitor, and Lead Based Paint Inspector/Risk Assessor a plus. Valid driver’s license and ability to operate company vehicles required. Travel within the southeastern US will also be required.
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefit package available. If you are interested in becoming a contributing member of our team, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.