INDUSTRIAL HYGIENIST – CHARLOTTE, NC
The EI Group, Inc. has an immediate opening for a self-motivated industrial hygienist with 3-5 years of Industrial Hygiene and/or Environmental Science experience, who can work independently in a variety of commercial and industrial settings. The industrial hygienist will work to provide technical and project management support for EI ’s Charlotte, NC Operation. Core responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Hazardous Material Inspections: Manage and perform hazardous materials assessments to include asbestos, lead-based paint, PCBs, mercury, etc. for industrial and commercial buildings
- Indoor Air Quality Assessments: Manage and perform indoor air quality, mold/moisture assessments, and prepare remediation protocols for residential and commercial properties.
- Industrial Hygiene Exposure Assessments: Manage and perform exposure assessments for airborne contaminants, noise, and physical stressors in industrial (light to heavy manufacturing) and construction environments. Work will be performed under the direction of a CIH.
- Project Management: Prepare technical proposals for environmental and industrial hygiene projects. Work collaboratively with regional project managers to provide technical support, staffing and resources for industrial hygiene and environmental projects in SC and NC.
- Current asbestos inspector and lead-based paint inspector/risk assessor licenses, a plus.
Travel within the southeastern US will be required.
The successful candidates will have 3-5 years of experience in the areas described above. Candidates must possess a working knowledge of state and federal regulations in the area of industrial hygiene, safety and environmental compliance, with strong communication and technical writing skills desired. A BS degree in Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or related Life Sciences a plus. Valid driver’s license required.
Compensation commensurate with experience. Benefit package available. If you are interested in becoming a contributing member of our team, please forward your resume today to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.