CONTRACT, PART-TIME OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH NURSE – RALEIGH, NC
The EI Group is searching for a CONTRACT, PART- TIME OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH NURSE (RN) to support operations at a facility near Raleigh, NC. This position has the potential of becoming a full-time position.
This position will provide comprehensive medical service in support of facility. Included will be performing physicals for regulatory compliance, recordkeeping, scheduling and consulting with local management. Emergency response for illnesses and injuries is also provided during office hours as well as follow-up consultation for occupational injuries.
Provide the Registered Nurse function in performance of physicals for compliance with NRC, OSHA, DOT and other regulatory requirements:
- Determine type of mandated physical exam to provide medical clearance required for their job function.
- Schedule appropriate physical examinations and medical tests.
- Perform required medical tests, physical assessments, and evaluate employee medical condition and ability to perform specific job functions.
- Recommend medical clearance and obtain physician concurrence on clearances when required.
- Make appropriate referrals for those who are not medically cleared while maintaining medical confidentiality.
- Appropriately document all medical examinations, tests, consultations, and evaluations.
- Maintain confidential employee medical files.
- Retrieve and provide medical information to employees and corporate legal staff only when appropriately released to do so.
Emergency Medical Response:
- Assess injuries and illnesses to determine need for first aid, basic life support, treatment or referral.
- Provide emergency first aid for injuries and illnesses during normal working hours.
- Have valid license as a Registered Nurse in NC and/or state of practice.
- Certification in pulmonary function testing.
- Certification in Audiometric testing.
- CPR certification.
- Bloodborne Pathogen Training.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision & outside help.
- Working knowledge of computers, Microsoft and software packages associated with operation of medical equipment.
- Effective at handling sensitive medical issues & confidentiality.
- National Certification in Occupational Health Nursing.
- Membership in local and state nursing associations.
- Knowledgeable in the areas of NRC, DOT, OSHA and have the ability to make sound medical decisions in each area.
- 5 Years Occupational Nurse Experience.
Salary commensurate with experience. If you are interested in becoming a contributing member of our team, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.