Safety & Health Consultant
The EI Group’s office in Louisville, KY has an immediate opening for a self-motivated Safety & Health Consultant that can work independently in a variety of commercial and industrial work environments. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated the ability to work independently and in a multi-disciplinary team environment. Core responsibilities will include managing and performing technical Safety and Health consulting services for a variety of clients in the regional market. The core technical competencies of the successful candidate in this position will include the following:
- – Mock OSHA Compliance Audits (General Industry and Construction Safety)
- – Develop and Audit Lockout/Tagout (LOTO) Procedures
- – Machine Guarding Assessments
- – Job Hazard Analysis (JHA)/Job Safety Analysis (JSA)
- – Ergonomics Assessments (Industrial and Office)
- – Written HSE Program Development (1910 and 1926)
- – Develop and Deliver Training Courses (OSHA 10/30, Powered Industrial Truck, Aerial Lift, Confined Space, LOTO, First Aid/CPR/AED)
- – Industrial Hygiene Exposure Assessments (chemical, biological, and physical health hazards)
- – Hazardous Materials Inspections (asbestos, lead based paint, mercury, PCBs, etc.)
Additional project management and leadership responsibilities will include the following:
- – Developing scope of services, project budgets, and timelines for project milestones and final deliverables with clients
- – Managing project budgets, contracts and final deliverables
- – Generating technical reports and providing peer review for staff in regional offices
- – Working collaboratively with corporate and regional business development staff to expand scope of services provide in local market
- – Active participation in professional associations (AIHA, ASSE, etc.)
Candidate must have a strong working knowledge of Kentucky and Indiana State and Federal OSHA regulations in the area of occupational safety compliance/training and industrial hygiene, in addition to strong communication and technical writing skills. A BS degree in Industrial Hygiene, Life Sciences, or Safety-related studies is required. Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) preferred.
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefit package available.
Interested candidates should send a current resume to: Lori Cook, Manager, Human Resources for The EI Group at firstname.lastname@example.org.