INDUSTRIAL HYGIENIST – GLEN ALLEN, VA
The EI Group’s Richmond, VA office have an immediate opening for a self-motivated professional Industrial Hygienist with 0-5 years of experience who can work independently in a variety of commercial and industrial occupational settings. Familiarity with assessing exposure risk in both industrial/manufacturing processes, as well as performing indoor air quality (IAQ) assessments in commercial buildings desired. Core responsibilities of this position will include the following:
- Industrial hygiene assessments including airborne contaminant/noise monitoring and ventilation studies in the manufacturing environment
- Indoor Air Quality Studies and Mold/Moisture Assessments in commercial buildings and residential housing
- Hazardous Building Materials Inspections (asbestos, lead based paint, PCBs, etc)
- Asbestos Air Monitoring (background, daily, clearance, personal breathing zone)
- Asbestos Fiber Analysis by NIOSH 7400 (NIOSH 582 course completion required)
EI has an immediate opening for a professional with these qualifications to support EI’s Richmond, VA office.
The successful candidates will have 0-5 years of experience in the areas described above. Candidates must possess a working knowledge of state and federal regulations in the area of industrial hygiene, safety and environmental compliance, with strong communication and technical writing skills desired. A BS degree in Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or related Life Sciences as well as licensure in Virginia as an Asbestos Inspector and Asbestos Air Monitor. Licensure as a Lead Based Paint Inspector/Risk Assessor a plus. Valid driver’s license and ability to operate company vehicles required.
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefit package available. If you are interested in becoming a contributing member of our team, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.