EI's COVID-19 Professional Services >> more info <<
ENVIRONMENTAL TECHNICIAN – MORRISVILLE, NC
The EI Group, Inc. (EI) is a full-service professional environmental, safety, industrial hygiene, occupational health, and engineering consulting firm headquartered in Research Triangle Park (RTP), North Carolina. EI employs approximately 100 EH&S Professionals corporate-wide, with branch offices strategically located in Richmond and Roanoke, Virginia, Greenville, South Carolina, Charlotte, North Carolina, Louisville, Kentucky and Atlanta, Georgia.
The EI Group’s Corporate office in Morrisville, NC has an immediate opening for a self-motivated professional Environmental Technician with 3-5 years of experience who can work independently in a variety of commercial and industrial occupational settings. Familiarity with assessing exposure risk in both industrial/manufacturing processes, as well as performing indoor air quality (IAQ) assessments in commercial buildings desired. Core responsibilities of this position will include the following:
- Industrial hygiene assessments including airborne contaminant/noise monitoring and ventilation studies in the manufacturing environment
- Indoor Air Quality Studies and Mold/Moisture Assessments in commercial buildings and residential housing
- Hazardous Building Materials Inspections (asbestos, lead based paint, PCBs, etc)
- Asbestos Air Monitoring (background, daily, clearance and personal sampling), NIOSH 582 course completion a plus
- Some Safety Experience preferred, CPR Training a plus
- 2 or 4-year college degree, preferably in IH, environmental science or related studies
- High School degree acceptable with licensure in North Carolina as an Asbestos Inspector/Asbestos Air Monitor
- 3 plus year of experience required
- Basic understanding of building construction/mechanical systems
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office suite applications
- Commitment to details, deadlines, and budgets with a positive attitude and excellent work ethic
- Detail oriented with excellent note-taking skills
- Ability to pass medical exam and wear a negative pressure respirator
- Ability to work outdoors in varying weather conditions and at heights
- Willingness to travel locally, regionally and overnight as needed
- Occasional night, weekend, holiday, and extended shifts beyond 8 hours
Candidate must possess a working knowledge of state and federal regulations in the area of industrial hygiene with strong communication and technical writing skills. Valid driver’s license and ability to operate company vehicles required.
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefit package available. If you are interested in becoming a contributing member of our team, please forward please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.